I originally started this weblog as a way to keep in touch with my family and to share some of my outdoor pursuits, which at the time was mostly cycling. Now I use facebook for that. I used to bicycle to work for about 3/4 of the year, but my place of employment changed negating most of the content I’d ponder while to-ing and fro-ing. Somewhere along the way I stopped riding bicycles much and would use them only infrequently.
Here’s the stuff we’ve been doing since my last post:
- Geocaching. This has been a whole lot of fun that all of us enjoy. We get to mix lots of other stuff with it as well!
- Camping. The kids love it. We get out summer and fall. We missed the spring season.
- Snowshoeing. Great for getting around on the trails for winter walks and geocaching. M0dern snowshoes are nothing like the ones I remember as a kid! Good fun.
- Snow biking. After getting talked into this over a weekend camping trip in October, I elected to buy a “one trail bike to rule them” and ended up with a Surly Krampus. It’s not a “fatbike” but rather a “chubby bike” that’s been fun to ride on snowy trails.
- Mountain/trail biking. What a hoot the Krampus is to ride on trails. I bought the stock bike that has super wide handlebars which have caught on trees in narrow spaces, but so far it’s been fun to ride. It’s also a good vehicle for geocaching pursuits.
So what’s next? Who knows. Perhaps more blog posts now and then.