noun /mōˈmentəm/ /mə-/
- The quantity of motion of a moving body, measured as a product of its mass and velocity
- The impetus gained by a moving object
- the vehicle gained momentum as the road dipped
- The impetus and driving force gained by the development of a process or course of events
- the investigation gathered momentum in the spring
This has been a very tough cycling season for me so far. I’m far an away a commuting cyclist, but it’s been difficult to get much saddle time this year. Many factors have contributed to low mileage (I still feel funny saying/writing mileage when we use kilometres. Kilometreage sounds just plain weird).
- Late spring
- Crappy weather in the spring
- Work travel & commitments
- An early summer cold
Today was the first day in weeks I was able to ride to work. It felt great. I hope to keep up the momentum and ride whenever I can. July and August are usually the best months traffic wise with school out and lots of folks on vacation.